Welcome to Christmas in July, fka Doggone Dog Swap! This isn't a swap for yourself; it's a swap for your pets! No, we aren't swapping our pets, although sometimes I wouldn't mind trading mine in, lol! This isn't limited to just dogs this year – cats and exotics can participate too! Basically, you'll each buy toys and/or treats for your swap partner and they'll do the same in return. You never know what you might get!
The deadline to enter is Tuesday, July 23, which gives you two weeks. Once your swap partner has been chosen, you will get an email with your swap partner's information.
I've listed the ground rules below. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
1. You'll enter each pet you have for the swap individually. Since I have both Shiver and Chico, I'm going to fill out the questions below twice (one for each dog). We will try our best to swap doggies with doggies, cats with cats and exotics with exotics. Depending on the participants, you may be partnered with someone who has pets of a different species than you do, so please keep that in mind. That's where the questionnaire comes in handy!
2. The minimum you can spend before postage is $20. You don’t have to spend that much, but you can’t go over!
3. You'll need to email me and your partner a tracking number for the package you sent out and to let me know when you've received your goodies from your partner. A tracking number adds less than $1 onto your mailing cost if you're using the Post Office and comes automatically if you're using FexEx or UPS. Anyone living outside of the US is exempt from this rule. If I discover that you received a package but never sent one out, you'll be outted and blacklisted from participating in the future! Fortunately, this hasn't been an issue in the past, and I'd like to keep it that way. We will do our best to match pets from the same country, but please note if you are outside the US, you will most likely be partnered with another international pet. If you live in the US and cannot mail internationally, please let me know. Mailing to another country can sometimes be costly, depending on where you’re sending a package to, so I would hate for anyone not to participate because of that.
4. You must post about the swap once you receive your package. We want to see what you got!
5. You have until Saturday, August 3rd to get those packages mailed out.
6. This is the most important rule - HAVE FUN!!!!!
If this sounds like something you might be interested in, no matter what your pet is, if you live outside the USA, email the form below to Marianne at marianne(dot)d(dot)howard(at)gmail(dot)com. If you live within the USA, email the form to sprinkles at everythingisbetterwithsprinkles1(at)hotmail(dot)com.
1. The name of your pet and what kind you have
2. Male or female
3. Breed of pet and size (small, medium, large, xlarge)
4. Is there anything your pet cannot have?
5. Is there anything in particular that your pet really likes? Examples of this might be a certain kind of toy or treat.
6. Your address. Your information will only be shared with your swap partner.
This is what my boys got one year from the swap.